Closing your account means that you permanently delete your profile and access all of your information from the LinkedIn site. If you have a Premium account, you can cancel Premium access and still have your free Basic account to keep your profile, contacts and other information. How to delete LinkedIn account?
To close your LinkedIn account on the Settings and privacy page:
- Click the Me icon at the top of the LinkedIn homepage.
- Select Settings and privacy from the drop-down list.
- In the Account management section on the Account tab, click Change next to Account closure on LinkedIn.
- Select the reason for closing the account and click Next.
- Enter the password and click Close account.
You can also close your account directly on the Close account page. Before you do this, remember that:
- You will not have access to contacts or information that you have added to your account.
- Your profile will no longer be visible on LinkedIn.
- Search engines such as Yahoo !, Bing and Google may still be able to display your information for some time. This is due to their method of collecting and updating search data. Find out how your profile appears in search engine results.
- You will lose all the recommendations and confirmation of skills collected in your LinkedIn profile.
- You can download a copy of your data before you close your account.
- If you are the owner of a Premium subscription, LinkedIn group, or have a Premium account license, you must terminate your accounts before you can close your Basic account.
- If you have more than one account, learn how to delete or link other accounts.
You can re-open your account if it has not been closed for more than 20 days, but then we will not be able to restore the following parts:
- Confirmations and recommendations
- Invitations ignored or in progress
- Observations (opinion leaders, companies, etc.)
- Group memberships
Do you want to keep your account but receive fewer emails and notifications?
You can set the frequency of emails and notifications on the Communication tab of the Settings and privacy page to reduce the number of emails, notifications, emails received that summarize group activity or LinkedIn listings. In the mobile application, the Settings page is located on the top right of the profile page.
Learn more about managing the type and frequency of emails from LinkedIn.
Having problems accessing the account that you want to close?
If you can’t log in to the account you want to close, learn how we can help you access your email or reset your password.
Account deletion verification
After “some time” it is worth sending a query to the social network if our data has been completely deleted. Recent experience of some Internet users shows that this is not always the case. The time when data should definitely disappear from the website is usually determined by the portal’s regulations.